In SpellForce 3 there are lots of different spells and effects. Also there are lots of different requirements and other stats that need to be looked at. Thus this article sums up all necessary information regarding skills in SpellForce 3.
Way before any ability there are lots of attributes and stats. Those stats are of absolute importance in gameplay and ignoring them will lead to your character's demise sooner or later. A list of what each stat does will follow up now.
- Health : The character's current and maximum life points. Life indicates how much ingoing damage a character can sustain before being defeated and killed on the battle fields.
- Focus: The character's current and maximum focus points. Focus is used to cast spells and abilities. When not having enough focus reserves the character is unable to cast new abilities.
Improves the damage of strength-based weapons as well as Block Chance.
Improves the damage of dexterity-based weapons as well as Critical Chance.
Improves the damage of intelligence-based weapons and abilities and Focus regeneration
Improves health and physical resistances and allows wearing heavier armors.
Improves the damage of willpower-based weapons and abilities as well as maximum focus points and magical resistances.
- Pierce; determines resistance against piercing attacks such as ranged fighter's attacks.
- Blunt; determines resistance against blunt attacks such as rider attacks.
- Blade; determines resistance against blade-based attacks such as swordfighter attacks
- Thrust; determines resistance against thrust-based attacks such as pikeman attacks.
- Fire; determines resistance against fire damage.
- Ice; determines resistance against ice damage.
- Black; determines resistance against black damage.
- White; determines resistance against white damage.
- Block Chance; determines how likely the character is able to completely avoid an enemy attack.
- Critical Hit Chance; determines how likely an attack of the character deals more damage.
- Damage; determines the range of damage for each attack.
- Damage Type; shows the damage types applying to the attacks.
- Attacks per second; shows the attacks the character deals per second.
After an ability has been leveled the character gains access to new abilities. All abilities are being placed into your ability overview window and can there be put into your active ability loadout. To decrease load time of this article all ability trees have been created as separate articles, that you can see below.
Now following is a list of abilities that every main character can have if having chosen it.
Now following is a list of abilities specific to certain companions of the main character.
- Arcane Archery; available for Yria.
- Assassination; available for Ianna.
- Dreamweaver; available for Ianna.
- Earth Shaping; available for Isgrimm.
- Occultism; available for Uram.
- Paradox Magic; available for Undergast.
- Primal Magic; available for Rohen.
- Shapeshifting; available for Gor.
- Warfare; available for Angar Arandir.